Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Who's Your Daddy?" him-magazine.com August 2012



“Who’s your DADDY!”
In today’s gay culture the phenomenon of the DADDY/boy is alive and well.  The idea of a more dominant guy coupled with a more submissive one has been around forever, and these days it takes on many different forms.  I am not embarrassed to say that I get called “Daddy” a lot these days.  I think it started when I was around 35, but the Daddy role doesn’t always have an age component.   The first time a hot muscle twink asked “Hey Daddy, wanna hook up?” I looked around not realizing he meant me.  I hadn’t wrapped my head around the fact that I was getting a little older, weighed over 200 pounds of muscle, and definitely let my dominant personality define my image.  Once I looked in the mirror and adjusted to my new role, I relished the chance to be the DADDY!  Like I mentioned earlier, there are multiple styles of Daddy/boy roles, a few of which I can touch on here.
Older/younger:  The most obvious Daddy scenario involves an older man taking a younger guy under his wing, making most of the decisions, taking the alpha role and being a role model (and sometimes a true father figure).  Usually the younger boy pulls his weight in the relationship by expending his energy and devotion making the Daddy happy, with the Daddy being the stable rock in the relationship.  A significant number of times, the financial dependence of the boy on the Daddy plays a major role in the relationship dynamic.  I have also seen this type of pairing portray itself as a maturity level situation with less of an age gap.  Typically I haven’t seen these relationships have a longer term focus (although I know of a few exceptions!) as the Daddy is usually interested in the boy for his youthful appearance and less mature attitude, and as the boy grows up and matures physically and emotionally, the attraction fizzles, or the boy wants a more equal status in the relationship, causing insecurity in the Daddy’s control.
SIR/Slave: The leather community has long embraced the Daddy/boy culture, typically under the more aggressive titles of “Sir,” and either “slave or boy.”  Usually these relationships primarily revolve around the sexual component of the relationship, but in many more extreme cases the slave boy can be collared (literally wearing a chain and lock) and the Sir having the final say in all life decisions for the boy.  Typically, the dominant Sir is a top and the boy is a bottom, but not always.  The main focus of this style Daddy relationship is all about the wants and desires of the Sir, with the boy’s pleasure and success in the relationship completely dependent on his ability to accommodate the Sir’s demands.
Top/ bottom:  The use of the Daddy/boy dynamic is most easily observed in the top/bottom roles during sex for many guys.  Many times the bottom will be a more submissive bed partner, letting the top make the moves, position decisions and generally allow the top to be the aggressor.  In fewer cases, the Power Bottom can be the Daddy role, demanding to be taken certain ways, putting the Top through his paces and directing the sex!
So bringing this back to my adult film world, I’m a Daddy. Usually on film I’ve been paired with smaller (either height or weight) guys, with the directors asking me to take the reins and be the super aggressive sexual top that I am. I get off on calling guys boy during sex, and physically dominating and over powering my sex partners.  BUT I do have so say, sex with another guy who also likes to be the Daddy can be amazing as well. The “fight” for dominance and control, and the hyper masculine competition can lead to the best orgasms! So I think the best thing for all? Figure out what your favorite role is and become an expert at it, then change it up and try the other role on for size.  Appreciate the ability to be amazing as either the Daddy or the boy, and keep ‘em guessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment